After a long time, Terminus TTF 4.40 has finally been released.
Relevant upstream changes:
- Added 6 combining accents as separate characters.
- Added 14 letters with dot above / dot below.
- Added partial subscript and superscript: all digits and 11 letters.
- Added 30+ math characters, notably large braces, brackets and parens.
- Added unicode range 2800-28FF in two variants (br1 and br2).
- A few small character fixes.
Changes exclusive to Terminus TTF:
There now is a Bold Italic variant in order to satisfy some applications which refuse to treat Terminus TTF as monospaced unless that variant exists. It has the same drawbacks as the existing Italic variant: It is generated automatically by slanting and bolding the Regular variant of Terminus Font, so it is of lower quality than the Regular variant.
You can now choose between Terminus (TTF) and Terminus (TTF) for Windows when downloading Terminus TTF.
The former now again is a direct conversion of Terminus Font, while the latter contains fixes specific to Windows. In other words, you now have the choice whether to use those fixes or not; this is important because these fixes come with some pretty serious drawbacks — the Terminus TTF homepage has more details (displayed when downloading the Windows version). Unfortunately, without those fixes, Terminus TTF will not work on Windows.